Position Title: Platform Operations Specialist
Department: Quality Assurance & Technology Operations
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Reports To: Director of Operations
In this position the candidate will provide user and application support for multiple online financial solutions, working as part of a team assisting several institutions
The ideal candidates will have a strong work ethic and possess natural problem-solving ability. Individuals who are adept at establishing relationships, who enjoy teamwork and who communicate in an open, straightforward manner will find this to be a rewarding position. In-depth programming and systems skills are not necessary but a plus. If your aspirations are to be technical but to also have exposure to the business side – then this may be the right role for you.
- Provide first level support, including log reviews, alerts monitoring, research and resolution of issues or inquiries.
- Answer phone calls, manage tickets and respond to emails from customers with support issues.
Centralpoint of contact for all client, systems and 3rd party relatedissues.
- Open and track service related issues via
- Closely work with internal development and infrastructure teams to assist in identifying reported issues by providing all necessary information including steps to recreate,
screen shots, account numbers, timeframes, error codes, log excerpts, etc.
- Escalate issues to
nextlevel according to problem management policy.
- Monitor batch processing during assigned shift hours.
- Monitor system availability and respond to system alerts during assigned shift hours.
- Generate periodic reports on issue status and customer satisfaction as well as for audit purposes and trending.
- Flexibility to work changing shifts, evenings and weekends to accommodate personnel absences and a rotating schedule for
- Establish strategies to improve overall response time to reported issues and improve customer support.
- Create and maintain up to date support documentation.
- Create and execute scripts and SQL queries as needed to restart systems, run reports, gather stats and perform data cleanup activities.
- BA/ BS required in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- Knowledge of Internet and web-based technologies.
- Computer science knowledge and ability to diagnose basic system issues.
- UNIX skills to navigate through Red Hat file systems, ability to copy files, execute commands, etc.
- Basic System Administration skills.
- Basic SQL scripting skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical abilities.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to follow up and bring issues to closure.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as without direct supervision.
- Ability to search and parse system logs of various formats.
The Following Skills are a Plus:
- Apache and/or WebLogic experience.
- Financial/brokerage industries experience.
- Network knowledge.
- Ability to write UNIX/Shell scripts.
- Ability to write code.
- Ability to configure Nagios monitoring system
Scivantage is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
Recruiters please do not respond or contact Scivantage with unsolicited services or offers.