Position Title: Junior Java Developer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Reports To: Development Manager
Candidates for this position will work on team of developers to develop, deploy and support major brokerage clients’ applications.
- Support senior level software engineers and developers in designing Java software using object-oriented design patterns
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Develop Java applications to solve highly complex technical problems
- Develop test harnesses to support software testing
- Debug software problems and provide solutions
- Support development of software requirements
- Ensures software standards are met
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ year’s professional experience in software development using Java software development language, tools and techniques.
- Oracle, SQL using SQL Developer or TOAD. Ability to write and understand existing SQL queries.
- Unix and Linux shell scripting and PL/SQL programming, bash preferred.
- Unix and/or Linux-based application servers: Tomcat, Tomee, Apache & Jetty.
- Source code control tools and concepts (CVS/SVN, branches, etc.).
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot existing code and make modifications to remedy issues within an existing Java framework.
- Must meet tight deadlines and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work within a team environment as well as work independently on projects.
- Agile Scrum and general understanding of with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, automated testing, automated builds, ant/maven, xUnit testing, etc.) are pluses.
- Will consider other J2EE and SQL server experience for the right candidate.
- A background in financial/brokerage industry is a plus.
- Oracle running on Linux is a plus.
- Knowledge of Rest and SOAP Webservices is a plus.
- JSP/Struts a plus.
- No issue with working US eastern time business hours.
Scivantage is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
Recruiters please do not respond or contact Scivantage with unsolicited services or offers.