Position Title: Front End Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Reports To: Director
You will be a member of a front-end web team to develop, deploy and support software for our clients in the financial services industry. This position is for developers who love keeping up-to-date on the newest advancements in the field and can figure out when to start applying those advancements to client work. We are strong advocates of automated testing through continuous integration using Jenkins and PHPUnit, Selenium webdriver and more. We are passionate at trying to “make it right”.
- Heavily working with PHP 5.X OO we are a PHP Shop and you must have 3+ experience.
- Engaging clients to understand their requirements and present innovative solutions
- Working closely with our backend development team on site projects and advising on ways to structure the build
- Performance matters, finding ways to keep sites fast and lean
- Working directly with our deployment managers
- Ensures application development standards are met
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to write modular, robust, well documented code
- Experience building cross browser platform independent websites and the issues associated with getting 1 code base to look great on all browsers
- Managing your code with SVN using branches
- Coding using Eclipse, PHPStorm, Sublime, etc
- Must be able to work within a team environment as well as work independently on projects
- Nice to have TDD – (Test Driven Development)
- LESS pre-processor is plus
Scivantage is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
Recruiters please do not respond or contact Scivantage with unsolicited services or offers.