Position Title: Business Analyst Tax Analytics
Department: Tax & Analytics
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Reports To: EVP, Product Strategy
In this role you will drive an accelerated, iterative development path to new technology solutions for complex financial services calculations and reporting. You are grounded in a design mentality with the capacity to quickly understand a problem and then synthesize a valid solution. This may be a specific product development effort or architecting the implementation of our products for institutions that impact millions and millions of end users. Your primary focus will be the rapid development of innovative new products released to clients and sold to prospects; however you will also work directly with external Clients and internal development teams to build out enhancements and implementations.
The Business Analyst role is a high-profile position at Scivantage, helping to design, build and implement technology solutions for bank/broker, custodian, back office and prime brokerage clients and prospects across the financial services industry.
- Analyze complex data, regulatory and business issues and work with the product and development teams to design and document product solutions
- Build use cases, workflows, scenarios for business validation sessions
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Gather and document business requirements from both internal and external clients to guide the development of product enhancements and new business initiatives
- Work closely with the development team in an agile environment to insure high-quality, iterative delivery of features and functions to production
- Drive business testing and validation of use cases, and support the QA process through to product release
- Develop and maintain advanced level of understanding of financial services workflow, cost basis, and 1099 reporting
- Assist in product feature definition for sales and marketing
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Information Technology or a related field. MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of increasing experience in the financial services industry
- 3+ years specific experience operating in a business analyst capacity, identifying and documenting business needs and specifications utilizing business analysis and system design techniques within an understanding of the software development life cycle
- Deep understanding of financial services, cost basis and regulatory requirements
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills. Ability to structure documents and presentations for maximum clarity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze complex business and technical issues, and develop potential solutions or recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact with various departments, management, and external partners
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Slack, Jira, Confluence and Salesforce is desirable, but not required
Scivantage is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
Recruiters please do not respond or contact Scivantage with unsolicited services or offers.